In this tutorial, We’ll learn how to add product images to woocommerce checkout pages. Initially your checkout page will look something like this:
Our team at Themelocation is comprised of WordPress developers of high expertise
- We can maintain, support and manage your single, or all your clients, website with dedication
- Our skills are at your disposal.
To add images as well you need to follow these steps:
- Copy the review-order.php template (located in plugins/woocommerce/templates/checkout/)
- Paste the file in your-theme/woocommerce/checkout (these two steps are required so we don’t override the core template files).
If you don’t have these directories in your theme than create them.
- Add the following code into the review-order.php file wherever you prefer the product image for a product to show:
<?php $thumbnail = apply_filters( 'woocommerce_in_cart_product_thumbnail', $_product->get_image(), $values, $cart_item_key ); echo $thumbnail; ?>
Note: In most cases you would probably like to add the image right before the product title, so you can search for the following line of code and add code after that:
<?php echo apply_filters( 'woocommerce_cart_item_name', $_product->get_title(), $cart_item, $cart_item_key ); ?>
Save the file and refresh the page. You’ll see the product images being displayed as well.